Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Cards

Today I have a few Christmas cards to show you. 
It is that time of year!
This first one was pretty quick and easy, a little washi tape and some Kaiser Craft stamped postal images. The trees are from Paper Smooches-stamped on white and then colored and cut out. The words are from Technique Tuesday.
This card started with this fun stamped and embossed background by Hero Arts. I added the striped paper die cut, which I painted with some Stickles to make it sparkle-but that doesn't show here-unfortunely. The poinsettia flower is from Flouishes. And I made the circle tag by die cutting the shape with a LifeStyle Crafts die  and then stamping the words (also Flourishes). Finally some Viva paint pen dots along the edge.
 
And here's another fun Santa from the same Stampworkz by Sheena set as the Scrooge and Marley door image I showed you the other day.
Stampworkz - Sheena Rubber Stamp - As Scene on Screen - Bah! Humbug! 2 - by Sheena Douglass
 I layered this one on a couple sheets of paper that I cut to match the image. Then I added the die cut glittery star and these cute felt reindeer.

I guess I need to actually write mt holiday cards and get them out in the mail-ASAP!

So yesterday they finally delayed school-late-at 5:45 just when I was about to go get dressed and leave. So then I leave at quarter to eight and get half way to work when I get a text and a simultaneous phone call saying they have canceled school-must have gotten icy at the coast, not that the roads inland were any better. And I had just gotten to a tollbooth and once past that I had to drive quite a few miles until the next exit to turn around and then drive all the way back on some awful snowy roads. 
Lordy Lordy! 
Timing just wan't working for me. What a pain.
But I did enjoy my day off. Spent some time in the studio journaling and also watched a bunch of episodes of Season 4 of True Blood on DVD with Katie. I really enjoyed having her home and spending the day with her. And I decided it was a good day not to be too productive and be lazy instead.
Got to love that.
OK, enough of me babbling on.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments: