Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day

April was the fastest month! Now it is May!
Wow!
To celebrate, how about this cheery and pink card?
I started this card by using a Gelli print which I die cut with a Tim Holtz/Sizzix cabinet card die. I put it on a white card base, but then started playing with the background, watercolor painting it, spray inking it,stamping little blue flowers, distressing with Vintage Photo Distress Ink- and it was just TOO pink-even with all those things. So I ripped it off the front of the card and took that whole pink piece on put it down on some fresh new white cardstock. Much better.
The white tempers the pink.
Then I made a bunch of Sizzix die cuts-the Tim Holtz Eiffel Tower on some bronze metallic paper, the swirl on some brown paper which I sprayed with some pink Tattered Angels sparkly spray to give a light bit of glitz, the fringe flower on pink paper which I gave a quick Dylusions bubblegum spray and colored in the center, as well as adding a bit of pink Stickles glitter. A nice 3D effect. The butterfly is made with some sticky cloth  which is sprayed with a few assorted spray inks. I used an old Tin Can Mail stamp to  add the postmarks. I outlined the cabinet card with a watercolor marker and then used some water to diffuse it- I stamped the word using a Flourishes stamp. The rest of the saying is inside the card.
This card is so different from what I thought it would be but I love how it came out-much better than my thoughts made it.
 Hump day-I've been busy this week, lots of appointments after work. Ready for another vacation- ha-ha- seems like it was so long ago instead of just last week.
Oh well, in another way it is good to be back in the swing of things.
So how has your week been going?

No comments: