Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Chatter and some Scrapbook Pages


So I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Mine was busy-more spring cleaning (why is it it seems like you clean and only make another mess someplace else? It doesn't end!). Dave got his new truck; I got a few walks in, along with some studio time since I needed to make a Mother's Day card to get in the mail this week.
I also read a lot of this book

.
 I had recently read Without Reservations by this same author and I just love her writing. It really speaks to me. Gives me the idea to start going places to take classes. Of course it doesn't take much for me to get any ideas when it comes to going places.
Did I tell you where I am going this summer with my husband and daughter in July?
Here's a hint.
I am in full planning mode for that right now!
I have another trip this summer in August to, an education trip kind of like in this book I just showed you. More later about that.
So here's a few scrap pages to show you today.
Back to my February 2012 trip to Arizona.
Here's a page with a photo of my hubby I like, even if he is half hidden in the shade.
I started by spraying watercolor paper with red Dylusion's spray ink. Then I added this piece of polka dot paper, which I outlined with black Sharpie.  Then I added this strip of blue ribbon trim and a couple of matching buttons. 
I added one of this October Afternoon cutouts on the top-like this line they put out-Sasparilla.
The Historic Bisbee piece is cut out of a travel brochure and I think it works well, as does the Prima snaps.

I used another piece of paper from October Sasparilla on this page. Love the denim. Then I added a beer coaster from a brewery we visited. Some numbered paper tape, some little scraps from when I die cut some chicken wire. It works, and I didn't have to throw out the scraps!
Finally for today, one more scrap journal page.
Two shots of this one.
More Sasparilla paper and assorted other Sasparilla accessories.

I added some blue ribbon, a die cut quote bubble from Spellbinders, and some more Pima little metal gear  embellishments.
That's a lot of chatter for a Monday, isn't it?
Thanks for visiting my blog page!

No comments: