Sunday, May 5, 2013

Remember Paris!

A trip down memory lane today-
Back in 2009 I was lucky enough to visit Paris.
Been on a Shutterfly kick lately, and am making books of my travel photos from different trips.
You guessed it,
I am working on my Paris book.  
Here's a few photos from that trip.
View taken from the top of the Arc Du Triumph. Shows how tall the Eiffel Tower is.
Of course, we visited Notre Dame too.
All the standard tourists spots.
But I can see why they are so popular.
Whenever I get back to Paris I have a long list of places I still want to visit.
It was February when we went and they were still ice skating outside of the Hotel De Ville, Paris' City Hall.
How about this great art store- Sennelier! I bought a bunch of fabulous oil pastels as a little present for myself.
And the walled river (the Seine) and lots of interesting bridges.
One thing we particularly liked doing in Paris was riding the Batobus up and down the Seine. It is a water bus- you buy a ticket for a time period and can get on and off at various stops along the river. This better than taking the Metro.
But we did ride that too.
And here's something not everyone does.
The Catacombs. 
We walked along this underground path through sculptures and arrangements of bones from ancient cemeteries in the city. Different for us, and very unique.
It was an interesting thing to do, something we had never done before.
And last for today- a famous lady in the Louvre.I much love the face on the left,  my daughter at 17.
I hope someday to get back to Paris and see some more of the sights.
Have you been to Paris? Any suggestions if I ever make it back there?



No comments: