Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

Welcome 2014.

Thanks to all you readers who stopped by and visited during 2013.
I appreciate it and feel blessed that you visit.
I wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!


Everyone needs to make at least one New Year's Resolution even if you don't end up keeping it for 12 months. I think too a  resolution can be public or private. That's up to you.
And I think each year you find your real  resolution(s)- a kind of theme- that you may not discover for January 1. You may not even discover them until February or March, but something comes along and becomes your New Year's theme.
Last year mine was home improvement and taking chances.
The home improvement was a great motivator to focus and the taking chances was a great lesson learned.
This year I don't know yet what will find me-or what I will find-at least not yet, but here's some things I want to accomplish in this new year.

1-grow a good veggie garden
2-knit more
3-do more jewelry making and mosaic making- push myself out of my comfort zone and do some art I don't usually do
4-read more
5-travel to more  places I dream about going to
6-finish cleaning and purging and maybe even doing the addition
7-make more time for what I want to do rather than what I have to do
8- cook more
9-maybe this will be the year of soup
10-or more pies
11-get back into sewing-been thinking a lot about making some cool clothes
12-be patient and kind even when its hard
13-relax more, when I need it- don't let the treadmill keep rolling or keep thinking that I must do more, but then again, don't let myself relax when I am just being lazy-is that called balance?
14-be fiscally responsible
15-lose some more weight
16-do something that scares me a little bit-take those chances.
17-be brave even when I don't feel brave
18-try not to waste time as much...sometimes its great to sit and browse the internet and sometimes it is just a waste of time
19-Try not to let the studio turn into a disaster zone- but ha-ha- don't think that's possible
20-
accept that the fact that it is ok not to always have to produce something or be busy and that sometimes just sitting in the quiet-watching something- is a good thing.

Anything special you want to accomplish in 2014?

No comments: