Friday, October 3, 2014

Halloween Backgrounds and Altered Book Pages

My post title is about as uncreative as you can get.  Maybe my journal pages aren't all that wildly unique either. I stuck with traditional Halloween colors. Also traditional Halloween themes.
I guess you're the judge.

I apologize for the not so even lighting. Leaves some dark spots in the photos.

I do really like these ladies though. Image is a stamp from Cherry Pie. I've seen this image as a real photo before and I wonder whether these ladies were dressed up for the photo  because I can't imagine they always dressed like the witches in Macbeth.
The one on the right looks like she's having a good laugh and maybe its not just tea in her cup.
When I searched for this photo I found a few other interesting ladies.

These ladies look like beautiful girls just ready for a Halloween party.
And these ladies might just be real witches.

And of course you can't forget the Wicked Witch of the East from the Wizard of Oz. I love the shadow effect!

Guess that's enough lovely ladies and spookiness for today.
Thanks for dropping by.

Linked to Paint Party Friday.



13 comments:

Netty said...

fab projects. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Neesie said...

What a fun seeing all the witchypoos Erika ;D
Your Halloween artwork sets the scene... enjoy the holiday!
Those old black and white photographs are brilliant too. That last one especially with the shadow.
What a nose! ;D
Happy PPF to you

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your halloween backgrouds, and the witches are wonderful. Great photos! Hugs, Valerie

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I can tell you had fun working on these pages. I really like the look of working on an actual book, and my favorite one is the last one you did. Blessings!

Faye said...

Good job on your journal pages.

Beth Niquette said...

What scary colors! I loved the old photos and especially the one of the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz. :D

sheila 77 said...

I do like your page with the four witches and am quite prepared to believe that they always dress like that, they certainly have the faces for it. I like their motto too.

Sirkka said...

Erika, you inspire me to get the Halloween feeling with your photos and books. The time goes so fast, it is soon that time... Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

Wonderful and inspiring... you have given me a great idea!! Thank you!

I love what you have done...Halloween is so much fun!

Hugs Giggles

Jo said...

Great vintage photos. Where ever did you find them?

Abigail Davidson said...

What a fun post, perfect for Halloween time!

froebelsternchen said...

Booh! That all is amazing!

DVArtist said...

Oh Yeaaahhhh any thing Halloween and especially witches. Well done.
Nicole/Beadwright