Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Pink and Purple Party Girl Cake

So this past weekend I was back at my baking. With it being Easter I thought I'd try making this yellow cake and decorating it up all fancy.
The recipe is on the back of a bag a caster sugar from King Arthur Flour. It was  easy to make and quite tasty.
I decided to make my cake fancy Easter colors. Pink and purple. I used some neon food coloring gels.
I marbleized one layer pink and one layer purple.
This looks kind of messy but what I did was slice each layer in half. This cake baked up pretty high.
Then I made a butter  cream frosting that I also made pink. It is such a pretty pink.Almost like cotton candy color.
Then a added some mutli-colored sugar on top. Now it just needed a little bit of final finishing touches.
Pink and purple edging.
 I think most little girls would love this cake. Hence its name, the pink and purple party girl cake. And it wasn't dipping on one end but this photo makes it look that way.
The cake tasted delicious and looks pretty but didn't remind me of Easter in any way, shape or form.
 Have a great day!

No comments: