Friday, June 12, 2015

Do You Need a Poncho?

Happy Friday everyone! Another fast week for me, and a very busy one at that. This has been the last week  for the seniors at the high school I work at, and that meant lots of extra things on my agenda. I had a senior class with early final exams, and I am an adviser to a junior/senior group. Tonight I have graduation, and then next week we roll into the last week for the rest of the kids.
I am soooooooooooooooo ready!
(Have I said that a million times already this week?)
So zero art has gotten done since Monday so I only have this one journal page for you today. I haven't done anything more with my on-line class with Tracy Fletcher King. I haven't even picked up and put my week's mess away. I haven't done much besides work (I've graded a million zillion papers) and watched the movie Boyhood  over a couple of evenings and read and dealt with all the chores in a normal week. Not enough brain function left for art. (But hopefully tomorrow!)
I am linking this post up to Paint Party Friday. Thanks again to Kristen and Eva for hosting.
This page has a Gelli print for a base, some hand painted raindrops and the poncho girl, some die cut umbrellas which were then painted, a bit of stamping around the border and finally my hand written message.
Hope everyone has something fun on their agenda this weekend. I'm not certain what is on mine. Hopefully we will get out in the boat; they are saying some rain to start off the day tomorrow before it clears. Right now the only thing this weekend I am really hoping for a slow leisurely morning tomorrow, and the predicted rain might actually give me that.
Thanks for stopping by!



18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic page, have a lovely weekend, hugs, Valerie

Blogoratti said...

Nice art and hand written message. Happy Friday to you, and go into the weekend with hope and happiness. Best wishes!

mandysea said...

Loving the little painted umbrellas, and that yellow poncho really pops the journal page! Gorgeous quote too! The type writing around the outer edges is very effective. How much fun is gelli printing!!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Erika. I just love your piece. Love how she is all wrapped up and looking like she doesn't mind the rain. How I wish it would rain over here, we are so so dry. Have a wonderful day in the boat. Great job.

Anewdawn 16 said...

your page is so much fun :)...loved ur work

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous page - so much depth! Happy weekend Erika!

pauline said...

Yes! Such an important message... and i love how my eyes went immediately to those colourful little umbrellas & that bright yellow poncho. ;) Have a happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I guess we need a poncho tonight! Super cute page. xox

Indira said...

The composition is charming. The colors of the umbrellas and the poncho complement beautifully. Have a restful summer!

Linda Kunsman said...

I think she looks quite happy despite the rain and dark skies:) I love walking in the rain myself-almost feels like a sense of cleansing. Hope you get your boat time in-sounds lovely!

Laila said...

Yes please, I need a poncho at least if it is protective against rain. I've been working hard in Traceys class all week and need to do other things this weekend.

Clare Lloyd said...

Lovely. Happy PPF

denthe said...

Lovely page! I really like the stamping around the border.

Giggles said...

Enjoy rolling into summer! Hopeful then you will have some free time to create and complete what you wish!! Lovely page you shared...wishing you more of what you need!!

Hugs Giggles

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

It's difficult finding time to work on artwork during the school year. However, I'm glad you got to do this sweet gelli collage. I can't wait to plate with my gelli plate now that I'm out for the summer… Blessings!

Unknown said...

I'm with you! Our last school day was Thursday. I spent Friday grading finals and packing up my room. No time for art! Your poncho girl is very cute. With all the rain the country is getting the quote is very fitting.

Little Artbee said...

Very good page with an interesting background. Very imaginatively!
Greetings
Sabine

JKW said...

Your journal page is great. Love the umbrellas. Blessings, Janet PPF