Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Gnome Knows

Its a dreary Sunday here in my neck of the woods. Not exactly a day to go boating, which makes the hubby rather grim, but I don't mind a low key day as the last couple have been busy with some  fun vacation adventures.
There's been a little shopping, a little studio cleaning, a little gardening and even an art day too!
More about that later, but right now let me show you this journal page I made on a Gelli printed background.
I then added the painted sun, clouds and grass, as well as stamping the stars in black all along the white edge of the paper. I'd love to get one of those super sized Gelli plates to avoid the white edges but they are pretty pricey.  I hope the company puts out on that is smaller than the jumbo but bigger than the 8x10. Who knows, maybe they already have and I just don't know about it.
So in my cleaning I came across a bin with some paper in it I haven't gone through in forever. Once I removed the printed paper on the top, I came across all this cool textured paper, a sheet or 2 of wood paper and even a couple sheets of cloth paper. The bin was shoved in the back of my closet, which I have now made much more user accessible,  and I left the bin out so I will definitely make use of some of the paper stash.
I cut the flowers from the cloth paper (this paper looks like a yellow towel). Then I stamped Mr. Gnome, colored and cut him out, and then did a  little die cutting of these small garden creatures (Cheery Lynn designs and Frantic Stamper).



I think my gardening adventures inspired me to make this page. Sunny days, garden gnomes and all kinds of creepies and crawlies.
That's all for me today. Going to have a lazy morning and since gardening is out, maybe a little more studio cleaning or maybe some art. Or maybe just watch more old movies, which seems to be something that's fun right now.
Hope the rest of your weekend is going well and thanks for taking a minute or 2 to stop by my blog.

4 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Hello and Happy new week. Great painting, and vibrant colours!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your fun and cheerful page, really nicely made. Enjoy your day! Hugs, Valerie

Annette P.-L. said...

Wonderful page with lovely details!

froebelsternchen said...

A gorgeous page Erika!
Happy new week! Enjoy your first free week!
oxo
Susi

You were right with your comment at my daughter's age .. she is an 14,5 years old ... teeniemonster.