Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Wild West

More cacti today. I guess I should go watch a good western movie or maybe it is time for  a little journey out west because I have been having so much fun playing with my Western stamps. 
Today I am linking this page to Art Journal Journey. Thanks to Valerie and Susi who are hosting this month's theme of Masculine and Feminine.
So I started with a Gelli print and added the brown area at the bottom and cleaned off a cloud stencil to get the light clouds at the top. I also hand painted  the cactus, and then used a Stabilo pencil and a brown Copic marker to finish it off.
I stamped the man on the horse several times (Acey Deucy), stamped and fussy cut the cowgirl (Artistic Outpost) and also stamped, colored, painted and cut out the big sun (Postmodern Design). I wanted the cowgirl  to stand out-as this page is from her perspective- so I left her uncolored.  I used a horse die cut that was laying as scrap on my work table. Interesting how much I use this horse die. I don't call myself a horse person, in fact I've only ever been on a horse once in my life. Though I will admit riding that one day was so much fun that I've thought about taking riding lessons! I think that a running horse is such a symbol of freedom (and the old west), and maybe that's my attraction to it.
The quote I wrote around the bottom and right side says "She was never afraid to be a woman in a man's world."The photo cut off the right edge of the page so you can't read the whole thing.

So that is all for me today. I am off to work, but counting the days until Friday when we set the kids free for the summer at 11:22 AM! ( And I am down to 1 week left until I am set free for the summer too! Yahoo!)
Have a great day and thanks for visiting my blog.

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

wow,love your amazing page,very pretty.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your page is fantastic, nd yes, you seem to be longing to go west, o wild, or perhaps both? Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey again, it is much appreciated. Soon you will be free, that thought should keep you going! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

I love your wild west free and strong woman page Erika!
You perfectly brought your longing for the wild west to this page..all this elements came beautiful together!
We are so happy about another fab entry of you to our collection this month!
Just a few days more and you are FREE!!!

oxo
Susi