Thursday, August 27, 2015

Time to Get Up

Oh my!
Oh No!
I am NOT ready for this.
I can't believe my 8 weeks of summer downtime have already rolled right by and now I am beginning another new school year.
Some time in my life I will get to take September off and enjoy the rest of summer. But I am happy to have a good job that I like. (I just like being home all summer even better!)
I spent my last day home doing just what I wanted to do. Paint play, reading on the screen porch, taking a long walk with one dog while the other was at doggie daycare, eating a big slice of lemon cake.
Linking this page to Art Journal Journey. This months theme is Time.
The words are part of a song. Not sure if its a kids song or what, but we used to sing it to my daughter when she had to get up as a kid. We would sing "Its time to get up" but I left off the its on this page.
My background is a Gelli print on printed paper. I used quite a bit of stamping, painted the sun rise, added the stamped and distressed clock, some gears and the back to school words from a flyer that came in the mail.
Going to keep this short. Seeing I goofed off all summer and never went in to my classroom at all, I want to get an early start today.
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, hanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey again, good luck back at school, have fun! Hugs, Valerie

~*~Patty S said...

This is so expressive and looks really wonderful!
I feel for you having to let go of your summer and getting back to a schedule.
Balance is such a tricky thing.
Wishing you a great new school year!
oxo

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic page ! My daughter thinks about exactly that now- school starts here on sept.6th - and she now sleeps until noon each day.. will be hard for her then and she decided to start with getting up an our earlier each day next week
....
I am more than happy that school starts again.. this holidays were much too long for me...lol.....
Hope you have a good start at school Erika and thank you once again for another beautiful page to Art Journal Journey!
oxo
Susi

Margik said...

Hi Erika! Great page with a fabulous background! The holidays always end all too soon, but it's fantastic you like your job.

Anonymous said...

Ugh yes it's that time again. Hope your class is a good one this coming year. Great journal expression of your emotional state! xox

Jeannette said...

fantastic page,love the clock and sentiment,very pretty.



hugs jenny

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Great journal page ~ I love the expression, and the cool, dark background with the warm imagery on top!

Meggymay said...

A fantastic journal page, love your sunrise scene abd your back to school interpretation.
Yvonne x