Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Sad Face

Here's a recent journal page that I am linking to Art Journal Journey. This month is being hosted by Susi and the theme is the colors of fall.

This page is a Gelli print using a leaf stencil and some green, orange and brown paint. I added this sad looking girl. She was in a magazine so I cut her out and painted /doodled over her. I then added  a flower, a heart and a die cut button. The heart and the button were die cuts laying on my table, so I painted them, and on the heart I added some white doodles and some white paint dots around the edges. I cut the flower out of a piece of  a floral piece of paper, and then I painted over that and added it to her hair.
Maybe she is longing for summer and sad it is so late in fall.
It is really looking like late fall in my neck of the woods.

I took these photos last Sunday morning on my walk.
That's all for me today. Time to get ready for work! Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journal page with the sad girl is fantastic, love the colours. Thanks for joining us again at Art Journal Journey, and those photos are wonderful, thanks for sharing. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

The girl on your page fits perfectly to all you gave her..the background- the embellishments ! Great page Erika - fabulous - thanks a lot for so many fantastic art for Art Journal Journey always!
The foliage looks still autumnal on your excellent photos - my walk today
let me just see the brow leaves here which guide to wintertime...
the golden autumn is over although we had high temperatures yesterday!
oxo
Susi

johanna said...

i´m sure she is melancholic about summer´s end... so am i;)
happy t-day to you!!

sirkkis said...

Lovely girl page. You used very beautifully the added elements. The colours are great, too.

Jeannette said...

LoVE this page with the beautiful sad girl,she looks awesome with her red lips an button collier,love the colors too.

hugs jenny

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wish MY gelli print messes could look as good as your gelli print ART. This entire piece is gorgeous. I was especially drawn to the button necklace. That was very clever.

Wow, autumn has nearly died out this year in your world, hasn't it? It's still stunningly beautiful, though.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love her even if she is a bit sad. Wonderful colors too! Looks like the perfect illustration for an old fashioned card. xox

craftytrog said...

Wonderful photos Erika, and your page is really beautiful!
Alison

sheila 77 said...

You painting is terrific, Erika. Maybe she is not sad, maybe she is just thinking. Your leafy background is just right for her.