Monday, May 23, 2016

Places to Go, People to See

Monday is here again and another week is beginning. I can't believe how fast this weekend went by . Well, actually, yes, I can believe how fast it went by  because weekends always fly by. 
Today at school I am taking a class on a field trip to Harvard University. We are going to their Natural History Museum, which is one of my favorites. It is kind of old and dusty, well, not exactly dusty but some areas are older and have a lot of character and are filled with some interesting old specimens. And there are  these spectacular glass flowers  made by a father and son between the late 1800's and the 1930s. These flowers look real, not like glass. 
I will snap lots of photos to show you later this week.
So today for Art Journal Journey I have another page related to this month's theme of journeys. I collaged most of the page with photos and words from an old Italian fashion magazine I have in my stash. The background is an old map pulled out of an out dated atlas, and I added a few stamped images like the suitcase. Then I wrote around the edge.
This gal looks like she has places to go and people to see.
So I didn't get a lot of down time this weekend. Between the boat adventure, running errands, planting flowers, moving some furniture, it was busy. But that is OK. I will go back to work to rest.
Ha-ha.
The hubby and I picked up a new cabinet at a sale this weekend. I had seen it back in January and fell in love with it, but the hubby suggested that I wait and see if it was still around when there was a sale.  I actually listened to him, and it was there, so we picked it up. I will show you once I get pictures onto the computer. I have this habit of buying very heavy furniture that is built to last, and I really wondered if we could move it into the house from his truck seeing it was just him and I. But we did.
Tonight I am going to load it up with everything on the messy shelves by the door, and then I can shut the doors on all the mess.
Hurrah!
Hope its a great Monday for everyone. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate it.

5 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

An amazing page dear Erika! Looks just FAB!
Sounds as you will have a super week at work - I am looking forward to see what you have bought for the house!!!
Happy new week best hostess ever!!!
AJJ says THANK YOU for all the love and work you put in this month's theme!

oxo Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the idea of going to the natural history museum - right up my street. Great journal page, too, thanks for all the wonderful pages you have made for AJJ - GREAT JOB!!! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I adore this latest take on your journey. Wonderful art and great images.

I am so envious of you visiting the Harvard Natural History Museum. I have read about some of their more famous pieces, but never knew about the flowers.

WOW, sounds like you got a bargain, but a heavy one! I was glad to read you got it in the house and know where you are going to put it. Like you, I also buy old furniture that was meant to last, so I can truly understand your thinking.

Hope you had fun in Cambridge today.

~*~Patty S said...

You are busy busy Erika!
Love your latest page...it gives me wanderlust.
Seeing the name "Shetland" reminded me of the cool PBS (I think it is...mini series...it's a good one!)
Visiting the museum sounds like a fun time.
Hope to see those glass flowers and more if you can take pix.
You and hubby are a dynamic duo moving heavy furniture and all.
Sounds like a nice cabinet.
oxo

Jeanie said...

This is the perfect journey page! I want to go there, too... all those places!

I'm eager to see your cabinet! It sounds terrific and I'll bet it's beautiful!