Thursday, June 9, 2016

Mapping the End of the Year

Here's another page for Art Journal Journey. Its a different take on maps, which is this month's theme. A calendar is a kind of map, in the broad sense, of time. So I am mapping out these last few weeks of school.
The photo isn't great; sorry about that. I didn't put a border on the page and it makes it hard to get the photo perfect.
So there isn't much going on for me besides work this week and lots of errands after work.  Its one of those weeks.  I've squeezed in about an  hour of art, mostly to unwind after crazy kids all day. and I've been falling asleep pretty early. This is the kind of week that works  feels like it is consuming me, but it is almost the weekend. :)  I am really ready for the weekend.
But the ceremony I was coordinating at school last night went off without a hitch. That's a relief :)
But now it is only 9 work days until I am on summer break. Sorry to bug you all with this childish calendar crossing off. :)  Funny, this year everyone at work is saying the same thing. Yes, people say this kind of thing every year, but this year it seems to be mores  than usual.
Have a great day everyone.


10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful map for AJJ, thanks, and I can feel your excitement! Glad your ceremony yesterday went well, and now just a few more days and you will get to the last day, and then time to relax and have fun! Have a good day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A fabulous page and it shows how busy this last days at school are for you! Hope everything goes well and the holidays are here very soon for you! Thanks a lot for supporting AJJ again with so many super ideas Erika!
Happy day for you!
oxo Susi

Rike said...

Great idea to combine the end of the schoolyear with the maps! Vacation is near and time for travel. Have a good (coming) weekend!

Unknown said...

All these lovely art journal pages with maps and journeys... oooooooohhhh I need some sun :-) Love your journal pages ♥
Michelle ♥

Jeanie said...

Talk about the end of a journey! The school year is one of the biggest! Very clever concept. Yay -- almost out for summer!

Meggymay said...

I can just imagine how you wait for the last day to be crossed off the calendar, its a fantastic page.
Yvonne

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe it took this long for me to get here today. This has been one of those days, like you, the the day got away from me and I feel like a zombie. I like your calendar and map, though. It's really quite clever and I know how you are SO looking forward to the end of school. Wow, exams take a big part of next week, don't they? I hope they are easy to grade.

Have a wonderful Friday and congrats on a successful awards ceremony.

Anonymous said...

Woop Woop, can't wait to see you. xox

~*~Patty S said...

Brilliant take on the theme Erika and your page turned out really super.
Exciting for the end to be in sight.
oxo

Mary C. Nasser said...

Fun art page! Hope you're having a wonderful and restful weekend!