Tuesday, July 12, 2016

In My Garden, There is

 a place to de-stress and relax.  Nothing better than getting your frustrations out by pulling weeds. I purposely chose a photo of this grumpy, non gardening looking lady for this piece as I thought she might be happier if she kept a garden. I mean, who couldn't be happy with all those gorgeous flowers on the paper I used?
I found this lady in  the old Italian fashion magazine I have. This is kind of a different piece for me, more like a scrapbook page. But it was a fun attempt to see if I could still do a page layout. Not my most favorite page but it is good to challenge yourself. It was also a good way to help get rid of some scraps laying around on my work table.
I am linking up to Art Journal Journey. This month's theme is In My Garden, hosted by Yvonne.  Be sure to stop by  and post your garden themed journal page.
Life has been quiet the last couple of days. I've been enjoying walking, reading, making art and fabric dyeing/painting. Oh, and I can't forget my daily afternoon nap in my hammock on my screen porch.
The perfect summer activities.
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

The beautiful composition is so colorful and is complemented beautifully by your black silhouettes and photograph. The flow is perfect too. Blessings!

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings......
I personally hate gardening though I love to admire gardens and take pictures. You can say I reap the benefits of your hard destressing work. Thank you for gardening and sharing your love of it with me through the blooms of your flowers!

enjoy the rest of your week
peace.
Rhapsody

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, bright and colourful flowers are always good for the soul and make people happy. Thanks for another wonderful page for AJJ, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

The photo is cool - she definitely looks as she would never ever pull weeds...lol!
But she doesn't know how good this would be for her! You gave her a beautiful surrounding- great collage!
Oh yes this sounds wonderful - summerdays just to relax and that's good to get energy for the autumn and winter! We need this!
Thanks a lot for another fantastic entry to AJJ Erika!
Enjoy every day of your holidays! I try to do the same...
we have now rain - forecasted more for the next days... that means:no gardening and maybe a bit more time for crafting and art....
at least I hope so-lol!
oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

I love you paper layers and a good way to use pieces saved on this beautiful page. She does look a bit stern but she looks good in the setting you created for her.
Yvonne xx

ULKAU said...

You made a happy, flowerly wonderful summercollage! Ulrike

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fun page, those flowers are so georgeous and should put a smile on her face! You have created a fantastic page, it is such a success, I love it! J :-)

Little Artbee said...

A really wonderful Garden Collage and I think like you the Lady would be happy in such a ocean of flowers. Bravo!
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Actually, I really enjoyed this piece. It didn't look like a scrapbook page to me at all, but a nice mixed media entry. I really enjoyed the composition and the great placement of pieces you used. It's one of my favs!

~*~Patty S said...

I think your page is brilliant Erika and I am not a scrapbooker.
The flowers and the way you framed the woman with bits of this and that are a wonderful design.
The silhouette birds add a nice dramatic touch too!
RELAX is always good advice.
I really like the sounds of your hammock respite on your screened in porch....ahhhhh ♥
The skeeters have arrived and make sitting out on our back porch a bit less fun. We need a screened in safe place to enjoy me thinks.
oxo

sheila 77 said...

Sounds like you are having a lovely relaxing holiday, Erika, but still doing lots and lots.
Your page is great with the superior looking lady in her yellow frame, surrounded by the birds and beautiful flowers. Maybe she is going out to lunch and will be straight back to the garden afterwards ..... or maybe she has a gardener who is working busily while she lunches.
It all shows an intriguing story, nice work.