Saturday, January 28, 2017

Happy Chinese New Year

Its the Chinese New Year today-the year of the rooster.
LOTS of colored fireworks on today's journal page.  I've always wanted to go to a big Chinese New Year celebration where they have one of those parades with the big twisting dragoons. The kind that takes a few people to move. Can you see my dragons on the edge of my page?  Not quite the big one I am thinking of but still just right for the day.
My page is full of stenciled fireworks (actually a flower stencil but it looks like fireworks),  some stamped on tissue paper images, a few die cuts, some stickers and this fun little domino type piece. I don't know what it is called other than a Mah Jongg tile. 
I am linking up to Art Journal Journey. Still a few days left to tell your story, which is this month's theme. 
 If I could give you a fortune cookie, I would hope your fortune would read-have lots of fun today!
Thanks for visiting.


10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a glorious and colourful page for AJJ, love it. I used to watch the Chinese new year parades in Limehouse, London, which was a Chinese quarter, with lots of restaurants etc. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic photo of the dragon dancers. Your journal page is bright and happy, just right to celebrate a New Year.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Fantastic page ! Wow!

My father worked for a year in Kanton in 1983 and he was so thrilled about the celebrations there.
I would love to see such a parade as well - yes!

oxo Susi

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a bright happy page. How clever to use a flower stamp for the fireworks. I never would have guessed. They're perfect! Happy weekend and Happy Year of the Rooster. Hugs, Eileen

Divers and Sundry said...

I would love to go to a Chinese New Year parade. Maybe I'll go to a Chinese restaurant and dream of the day I can :) I love your fireworks.

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a lively page. One of our friends is of Chinese heritage. She also owns a Villari's karate studio. (She's a 6th degree black belt) When she opened the studio, she had a Lion dance which was supposed to bring in good luck. There were two lion dancers and they were awesome.

Jeanie said...

I'm going to catch up, reading backwards and admiring your wonderful art! Happiest new year and thanks for your visits and wonderful comments while I've been MIA!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW! This is amazing. I love the "fireworks" and the Mah Jongg tile. Yours is not as thick as the ones I got in a swap. Mine are about 1/2" thick and very hard to add to a journal or altered book page. You created a fantastic piece to remember this day.

I would also like to see one of those traditional parades. I suspect the best place to see them is in San Francisco, because they have the largest Chinese population on the west coast. So glad you remembered today. I STILL wish I had your rooster stencil (grin).

Sandy said...

Wonderful Erika!! I too would love to see a parade like that - so much fun and color!
Sandy xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Fabulous post... would love to see one of those parades too...you've certainly captured this celebration well on your page. (That flower stencil is great).
Gill x