Thursday, March 2, 2017

Second on the Second

Happy second day of March. Usually I am more excited for it to be April, not March, and maybe this March will be a wintery-but I am being hopeful it is going to be more of a spring month and not a winter month. Yes, we are getting closer to spring!
I put most of this post together before I left for my little mini-break to New Mexico. I don't usually schedule posts like this but today the plan is to head south to Santa Fe for the day, and then on Friday it is already time for my flight home. 
Wow-it is always amazing how fast a week's vacation goes.

So my Second on the Second post is about a travel journal I made back in March 2014 when I also came out to New Mexico to visit my friends.
Here's a few from the post.



And here's a couple of other photos from this same journal.




Stop by Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog and see what fun second looks there are. 😀

So yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day here in Taos.
I think I showed you this photo also earlier this week, but it didn't have so much snow on the ground. It doesn't do justice to the sparkling beauty either.

I wish I had more time so I could spend a few more days here with my friend and her husband. But alas, my vacation is short and time always goes faster during a vacation. 😞
I will be by to everyone's blogs, but since I am out for the day, I will get to those linking up to Second on the Second  later. Thanks for your patience.
That's it for me. Have a wonderful rest of your workweek. 

12 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Fantastic pages - worth to see them for a second look - !
Have a save trip back home Erika!
oxo Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your New Mexico Journal from your last visit. Enjoy the rest of your stay. Happy 2nd on the second, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Love the journal What great memories to go back and look at. And nothing truer than there's always something to smile about. Have a safe trip home, but bundle up. Temps are supposed to drop with windchills in the single digits. Brrrrr

kathyinozarks said...

Hi I loved your pages-it is amazing how fast a vacation week flys by-Happy second on the 2nd
Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Somehow I missed this post, which makes me a very bad host this month. For that I apologize.

I am always in love with your posts from New Mexico and this one is no different. I'm thrilled to read you are having a good time, but I am also having trouble believing your time there is nearly over. Have I really been sick that long?

The colors and the southwestern decor and flair all speak to that area you are visiting. I really adore this post sharing your Second Look on the 2nd this month.

Gibby Frogett said...

As usual I am working my way backwards...so..I hope you've had a great time with your friend and a safe journey home.
The second showing of your travel journal is absolutely fantastic and such wonderful detail - just like your Icelandic one.
The wintery landscape is wonderful too - I can almost feel the fresh cool air.
Have a great weekend Erika.
Gill xx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous travel journal Erika, a great way to store your memories.
Love the snowy photo, , can just imagine the sparkle with the sun shining.
Avril xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful pages! Your travel journal is so full of great memories :-). I love the cloud watching and reading about your visits to Sante Fe and Albuquerque. Happy travels my friend! J :-)

~*~Patty S said...

Your journal pages are wonderful Erika.
You are so right about time flying when we travel.
The memories last a lifetime though.
Can't believe how quickly March is moving along.
Oxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your second look which I am sure I haven't seen before! Sorry I am so late! No connection over the time at our caravan! Chrisx

Jeanie said...

What a great journal! And how timely. Since I haven't been around all that long with you I'm extra glad to see it!

Jackie PN said...

What a great journal! I love the free form style and I am sure each bit and piece added brings back a wonderful memory! Thanks for sharing!
I had to laugh at your above post about you and your friend walking in the snow in jammies and outer garb! Good for you two- how fun and freeing that must have been!xx
Jackie ")