Friday, December 22, 2017

It Is Snowing

Happy Friday everyone. I am home today watching the snow come down. Nope, school was not cancelled but after still feeling horrible yesterday, I went to the doctor's office and discovered I have bronchitis. Guess that's a good excuse to sit on the couch and watch Christmas movies. :)
And hopefully the antibiotics will kick in by tomorrow I will feel a jollier.
So thought I would share the rest of my calendar journal pages with you. It's that time when I need to start thinking about a new calendar journal because as you all know, it is almost 2018.
 So much for my school party this afternoon.  If they have it because of the weather that is, but I won't be making it.  That's been the whole theme of my December. Either weather or someone's health has kept me home rather than out making merry.That's ok, I WILL be healthier for Christmas itself. And my vacation next week. I have some fun planned that I don't want to miss.
 I saved a few old gift tags from years past and used one to make this page for Christmas week.  I like how it worked out. 
And here I used some assorted papers to make a vintage page.
I must say I am happy to  completed the whole year of my calendar journal. Yahoo! And what I like is I have a couple of  year long lists in the back. In the next week or two  I will have to check them out to see if I managed to accomplish anything I hoped to accomplish. I am looking forward to that because I am rather a list geek.
I'm also going to link up to Sheila's fun holiday challenge over at Art Journal Journey.
So we have snow for today, ice for tomorrow, and more snow for Christmas day. I'm guessing it will be a white Christmas here in my world. How about your weather?

An in case I don't get back on again before the holiday Monday,
these little elves are wishing you 






Same from me also!
Along with  peace and joy in your life too.

15 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Best thing to stay home when you're feeling sick. Hope with the antibiotics you start feeling better right away. just don't push yourself and take it easy. Bingeing holiday movies sounds like a great plan. It hasn't started snowing here yet. We're only supposed to get a little snow before things turn over to freezing rain and ice. The Eldest has her day off today. The college where Himself teaches is closing early today because of the predicted bad weather. Himself gave his last exam yesterday so my attitude is like your page, Let is snow. Merry Christmas!

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry to hear you have bronchitis and hope you are soon feeling better, take good care of yourself! Love your calendar/ journal pages. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

I hope you feel better and the antibiotics work fast Erika!
Great calendar pages - I love your use of the washi - looks super as frame!
We have warmer temperatures and this is forecasted for Christmas as well - so no white Christmas here... but not a big thing for me.
Thank you for all the wonderful support you gave to the challenges this year! You are great! I will send an email as well.

MERRY CHRISTMAS dear Erika - hope you can celebrate without bronchitis!Get well soon!
oxo Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

Snow! I'm jealous as I sit here looking at our rain-soaked 62 degree F patio. But I've had bronchitis and don't envy you that :( I trust you'll be rested and well soon! Happy Holidays to your elves! and to you and yours :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was saddened to read you are still not well. I hope the antibiotics work so you can enjoy Christmas without pain. I absolutely ADORE your beautiful art journal pages. They are so different and I have enjoyed seeing each one as you have shown it. These are simply perfect. I wish I had the same awesome Christmas spirit you have, but I can't seem to get that feeling, even though these pages truly TRY to put me in the mood.

I'm a list maker, too. I have a yearly review, too. In fact, I have SEVERAL yearly reviews. I can't wait to see what you have accomplished, because I'm quite sure it's far more than I have this year.

It got cold last night and now is cloudy, but still no moisture, not even a drop of rain. I doubt it will be a white Christmas here, so I guess you are lucky.

Thanks for sharing these gems with us at Art Journal Journey. You have been so supportive with your art and also of every host this year, and for that I am immensely grateful. In case you don't post again until after Christmas, please have a joyous, peaceful, and safe Christmas.

Let's Art Journal said...

Sorry to hear you are so unwell and I hope you make a speedy recovery! Your Christmassy calender journal pages are amazing, I love the tags that you recycled and the papers you used 😁. The vintage page is so very pretty too with the holly washi tape, sparkly sleigh and beautiful card! Get well soon and Happy Holidays, may your Christmas be filled with love and joy my friend! J 😊

Meggymay said...

Fabulous journal diary pages , I love all the sweet details.
I hope you will be feeling better soon and the antibiotics start to work.
Have a wonderful Christmas Holiday and I hope that the coming year will be a healthy happy one for you and your family.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon and that you get in some fun Christmas movies. :)

Rike said...

Wonderful calendar journal pages! They make me smiling, especially the snowman! We have no snow anymore, there is only rain in Austria.
Your cute elves are looking happy - and so I wish you Happy Holidays too!
Rike x

nanskidrewski said...

Hope you are feeling better. Enjoy the holidays!

sheila 77 said...

I hope you feel better soon, Erika. Stay warm and safe at home!
Lovely to be at home when it is snowing outside. We won't be having any snow, sadly.
I love your colourful journal pages with the pictures on the left and the writing on the right, that is a good way to do it. The snowman is very happy and I see Santa has abandoned his sleigh for a car. It must be a flying car.
Thanks very much for this and all your other lovely artwork for my theme at AJJ.
Happy Christmas, Erika, to you and your family.
love
Sheila

Gibby Frogett said...

Sorry to hear about the bronchitis Erika and hope you're feeling better soon and it doesn't spoil your plans.
Loved your calender pages very much.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you and your family
Gill xx

Mascha said...

Lovely pages and: wow, you have snow!
We were so waiting, but it will not be a white Christmas...
Get well soon and
Merry Christmas from Germany

Mrs.B said...

Sorry to read you're not feeling well, hope you're soon better.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas,
Avril xx

Jeanie said...

Your calendar journal and vintage page make me smile. Since I'm reading backwards, looks like you were OK by Christmas -- and I'm glad you didn't try to go to school beteween sick and snow!