Thursday, December 7, 2017

Let's Celebrate the Weekend

As I write this  it is Thursday night, which means it is almost Friday. I am ready for the weekend as the kids have just been driving me nuts this week. I get it, they are all excited for the holidays and vacation time coming in a couple of weeks, and us nasty teachers are making them do work. :)  Plus the sun popped out the last couple of days and I think they are as sun starved as I am.
But oh, it is a challenge.
So I have a journal page for Sheila's challenge over at Art Journal Journey. This month we are celebrating with a challenge titled Let's Celebrate. I stenciled some colorful fireworks. Then I painted and doodled the words and finally added some metallic sequins. And because my sequins have a bit of a twinkle to them, I am joining in with the Twinkle Twinkle challenge over at Try It On Tuesday.
And I won a little package from Michelle over at Tag Tuesday that I thought I would share with you today.
 First there was this awesome tag.
And then there was a nice little collection of some really fun stickers.
I have some fun ideas for these.:)
And there was also this postcard which also gives me a few ideas.

Thanks Michelle for some great prizes. 
Happy Almost weekend.

14 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

That certainly is a fun, celebration tag. Brought a smile to my face on Friday Eve. Looks like you got some cool goodies to play with. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your win at Tag Tuesday. Really great.

I thought I had missed a day when I saw the title of your post. But now I realize you are simply ready to celebrate and it won't be long until the weekend is upon us. It's a great entry for Sheila's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks so much for sharing it because I am truly impressed with this entry.

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad your prize reached you safely from Michele, and I can see you using those stickers on some of your journal pages. Great one today, lovely colours, and I know how you feel when you're longing for the weekend, I did that for 35 years before I stopped teaching! Have a good one, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

First of all - I am thrilled about the fireworks - what a fantastic idea and this page turned out so beautiful - I do love the addition of the metallic sequins - I am so happy to see this beautiful page linked not only to AJJ but also to TioT dear Erika!
What a fabulous win you got from the talented Michele! I bet you will use all the goodies in a great way!Can't wait to see wat you will do with it.
I can imagine how excited this pupils are and that it isn't easy to handle them!
Good luck at work Mrs.Nelson!

Happy weekend ahead - enjoy it and try to relax a bit! In a few exhausting days holidays are here - you will see!

oxo Susi

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning-loving your newest art and wow great fun mail-enjoy
Happy Friday-almost weekend Kathy

sheila 77 said...

This is a great Celebrating piece, Erika, all swirls and sparkle and colours. I love the way you have done the splashy vibrant stencilling and the words, thanks very much for linking it to AJJ, much appreciated.
I can just imagine what fun you will have with these great stickers from Michelle.
Have a great weekend.

Divers and Sundry said...

I can feel the excitement in your celebratory art :) Happy Friday!

Let's Art Journal said...

It's Friday - yay! Your colourful stencilled fireworks are the perfect celebration and I love the twinkle you added with the metallic sequins too 😁. Congratulations on your win! The tag and postcard are beautiful and those stickers will be so much fun to use 😁. Have a great weekend! J 😊

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic, bright, happy page Erika, I love those twinkling sequins. Thank you for sharing the page with us at TioT's.
Enjoy using your goodies, the stickers look cute..
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

Rike said...

Beautiful bright and colorful - your friday page is gorgeous! I like the addition of the metallic sequins!
Congratulations on your win!
Wish you a happy weekend! Rike x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This journal page is fabulous! I feel like celebrating Friday and I don't even work!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Jeanie said...

Love the tag with the dictionary background. Nice stamping over the print. Really works.1

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, the stencilled fireworks are a brilliant idea peppered with the sparkly sequins.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril x

Let's Art Journal said...

Many congratulations on being In the Spotlight over at Try it on Tuesday with your colourful party page! J 😊 x